It's official. My India plan has been called off. But I don't know why I am feeling as if I have lost something forever. Another plan will be made in less than 10 month's time. I don't know why I am feeling this way. I will continue to bless weddings and birthdays over email, talk to friends and families over VoIP, and generally maintain a regular online presence. But I will miss a lot. Among other things, I will miss my cozy little home, my friends, regular trips to Jayanagar with Mohs, Raghu and Vineeth(Why Jayanagar? Nobody knows. When we guys meet up, we just drive to Jayanagar and come back), tiffin at Veena stores, wandering around Malleshwaram streets with school friends, the planned treks to Nagarahole, Anaimudi and the open-jeep Pondy trip with Mahesh, Ajesh and the SAEC gang, the (again!?)Pondy trip with the college gang, the Karwar and Goa trips with the Infy gang, the Silent Valley and Chinnaar trips with cousins, and the Guruvayur and Cochin trip with Mom and Dad. Should teach me not to build castles in the air. Hopefully Jayanagar, Malleshwaram, Nagarahole, Anaimudi, Pondy, Karwar, Goa, Guruvayur and Cochin will all be right where they are now, in a year's time. Yes, and Veena stores too. I came to this country to achieve something, but feels like this country is squeezing everything out of me. No pain, no gain, they say. I reserve my judgement. Time will tell.

In totally unrelated news, Achan and Amma today announced that they will be coming here in a few weeks time. That should offer some balm to my aching soul. I'm just waiting for the news to sink in and begin the healing process.

A trend of using footwear to express dissent and protest has been catching on lately. US president George Bush was the first visible victim of this trend, but it did not take long for our own home minister Mr. Chidambaram and politician Naveen Jindal to be elevated to the elite club of victims.The world thinks that the Iraqi journalist who lobbed his shoe at the visiting US president is the preceptor of this trend. This trend has it roots in an ancient village in Bangalore, India. There was a young boy in the village who loved for people to visit his home. Neighbors who dropped in to use the only phone in the village(much like a municipal water well) and to catch the weekly episode of Chitrahaar were welcomed with open arms and cherubic smiles. The boy used to be distraught when the neighbors decided to go back to their home to sleep. In protest, he used to throw their footwear into the open drain in front of his home. As the elder child, the boy's elder sister was tasked with retrieving the guests' footwear out of the drain with a long stick, while the father struggled to focus the dwindling light of a torch onto the missing footwear. Thus, this boy is the real preceptor of the shoe-lobbing trend, and not somebody else, as alleged in a section of the media.

On the economic scene, the hit counter reads 169. It had already registered 69 hits before I managed to block my roommates' and my visits to the blog from being recorded. This means that we have just had the 100th hit. Cheers!! to the 100th visitor. May your tribe increase.

In other news, I have been receiving a large volume of emails from people who are reacting to the news of my aborted plan to visit India. Many are outpourings of relief, some are ambivalent, and the rest express disappointment. Half of the disappointments are put-on, I gather.

I can already see some of you copying and pasting images of footwear to be sent to me via email, therefore, I will take leave now. Moreover, there is nothing interesting or funny to write about. Absolutely nothing.

Ciao.

2 comments:

sad to hear abt ur botched india trip!! btr luck next time ;)

Yeah.. :( As always, I live on hope - hope that it will be better next time!!

Me..

Aspiring computer scientist. Aspiring writer. Aspiring Nat Geo traveler. Aspiring musician. Aspiring pilot. Aspiring chef. Yes, I'm constantly growing up.

Hits..

Friends of this blog