The last three posts didn't sound like me, right? Right. I wasn't all that idle this past week.

Divya asked me to write an entry for the Express Yourself Contest on Sulekha. Honestly, I didn't want to, but decided to write anyway, just to humor Divya ;). But things just got so interesting and addictive, that I wrote not just one, but three entries. I have cross-posted those entries below(There. Now you can't accuse me of self-plagiarism!!).

Caveat: The threads of these entries are true, but the narrative is highly "masala-cized". Couldn't help it.

There are so many talented writers out there, and honestly, I felt that some of the entries surpassed mine in quality in content. Nevertheless, I am humbled by the judge's decision to award a runners-up trophy to Dangerous Embarrassment. Heart-felt congratulations to all the winners and participants. The winners and trophies can be found here. Divya, not at all surprisingly, won in the poetry category with this superb entry.

So much so for blowing my own trumpet :D. As Divya said, many more people who write here at blogger should write at sulekha and take EYCs by storm. Yes, Sleeping Devil, you. Please? :)

Did you notice the abnormally huge number of links in this post? I just did!!

2 comments:

ha hah a.. actually we r blowing each other's trumpets!! :D :D :D Honestly speaking your entries were damn good and you had written them v humorously!! You deserved it or may be more and Congrats!! :)

@Divya: Thank you very much!! But I felt other entries were fantastic.. I didn't expect this one to win!!

Me..

Aspiring computer scientist. Aspiring writer. Aspiring Nat Geo traveler. Aspiring musician. Aspiring pilot. Aspiring chef. Yes, I'm constantly growing up.

Hits..

Friends of this blog