Been waiting forever for the spring break. BIG relief from the biting cold, snow, glares and the heavy winter wear. I do not have to look like an eskimo anymore. I need not slip on the ice and make a spectacle of myself. It's goodbye to static on door-knobs and handles. Greenery is back in town, and so are the flowers. 


On Monday I flew out to spend the week with Chechi, Chettan and my niece. Took an afternoon flight, and was slightly irritated in having to change planes and have my journey prolonged by an hour. Used the wait time to think out new ideas for blog posts. Kept finding faults with the ones already typed out, so for the time being, they remain drafts. I should be getting over this habit. I have not many daily experiences that are worthy to be blogged about, and that is why I thought I would write stories. Drat. I conveniently forgot that one needs creativity to think up a story. Looked around for inspiration. Found a little child reading a book about the five elements. Aha, kiddo. Had the costliest snack of my life at Denver. Reached home in the evening and set out to unpack all the sweets, savouries and pickles that mom and dad had sent for me. Phew, tired. Slept.


Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were spent mostly at home, working on my much-berated projects. Grabbed every chance to go for drives with Chechi or Chettan, be it to the grocery or to pick up my niece. Evening drives there are just a pleasure. Gorged on the sweets and savouries big time. Watched a movie every night, just mostly re-runs of old malayalam comedies.

On Saturday, we took my niece out for her easter-egg hunt. Was lots of fun, watching these tiny tots gathering easter eggs. Afterwards, spent a laid-back afternoon and evening with families of chechi's colleagues. Major fun with the kids and all. Got to see the US from the perspectives of a couple of guys who had spent over a decade in the US. some nice inputs for my roadmap :D. One of the families had parents visiting from India, which meant the kitchen kept churning out one delicacy after the other. When we could eat no more, we bid good-bye and waddled back to the car. Went to a beautiful little Shiva-Vishnu temple. Visiting a temple after almost 5 months. Got some thai food home and relaxed with a movie. I dont like thai food anymore. Maybe it's my intolerance to fish and fish-oil.

Sunday morning was spent grappling with federal and state tax papers. Afternoon saw more shopping. Got essential Indian grocery for roomies back at school. Packed and slept. Chettan dropped me off at the airport on Monday morning. At security check, I was addressed by name and requested to co-operate for a check of my hand baggage. What freaked me out was that they knew my name, even when I did not have my name written on any piece of baggage. How do they know? Are they watching me? Did they read this blog? Are they out to get me? Scary. Finished the first story of the pentology and posted it before my flight. Dont read it. It's mad.

Will post the second story of the pentology soon, unless I receive panicky emails/comments asking me not to. In which case I will email it to you. So till then, ciao.

2 comments:

so either way we are pushed to read... :) humorous narration :)

Aahh finally i am able to comment :P

Thanks Divya. Yes, if the reader does not come to the blog, the blog will go to the reader :D. BTW, you are the inaugural commenter on the blog - thanks so much!!

Me..

Aspiring computer scientist. Aspiring writer. Aspiring Nat Geo traveler. Aspiring musician. Aspiring pilot. Aspiring chef. Yes, I'm constantly growing up.

Hits..

Friends of this blog