A post on new year's day was planned much in advance, positioned as an excellent occassion to rejuvenate sagging blogging spirits. What was not planned was the sombre note on which that post was to be penned. What sombre note, you ask? Read on to know.

The new decade started as expected, at 00:00 hours. Was inundated with phone calls from friends and family and chat messages from acquaintances long forgotten(By the way, what better occassion than the new year, to reconnect!!). Fifteen minutes passed by in a flash, before the chats slowed down to a trickle and my poor phone was able to catch it's breath before ringing once again. I ended up making my customary calls and wishes long after people had gone to sleep in exhaustion. The highlight new year's wish was from a dear friend who was watching the Sydney fireworks show(on TV, nonetheless!) and that too, with a married man(:P).

I wanted to go to sleep but was unable to, pain from a tooth extraction(more on that soon) ravaging exactly one half of my head. Two painkillers later, I managed to drift off to an uneasy sleep, only to wake up two hours later at the unearthly hour of 4:00 AM. While the whole city lay in an exhausted stupor, I drove alone to the airport for an early morning flight to Mumbai. Long queues, harried gate agents, tired flight attendants and countless delays later, I landed in Mumbai at 7:00 AM. I was in Mumbai to meet a dear friend(A) and ex-colleague back from my Infosys days.

Another friend(B) rushed me through hurried Hi's and bye's of my numerous friends in Mumbai. We then settled down at B's apartment with a large salmon pizza and bottomless container of Pepsi, awaiting A's arrival to Mumbai. Seconds morphed into minutes, and minutes into hours.

You're right.

A didn't turn up.

Few things have hurt me more.

New year's day passed by in a blur.

Hope your new year's day was so totally unlike mine.

Happy new year!!

5 comments:

happyy newww yearrr!!! :))))))

btw turn up aagovrunna karyode illa thaavu! ;)

@Divya: Look who's talking!! Naanu karde, neenu 3 idiots 2nd time nodthini antha barle illa.. even your SE cybershot was with me only.. hmmm

@Sreejith: Neenu SE cybershot thandidya mathe?? Anyways, next time bandaaga thagotini.... free aagi jodu :P he heh e neeenu kerala trip g hogbekaadre karde.. last min nallii.. :-|

Find here Yarns, Yarn manufacturing in India. Get Contact details and addresses of organizations producing. Yarn Elastic Yarn Spandex Thread Supplier. Spandex yarn is a man-made flexible fiber created. I would like to tell you about Yarn Manufacturers in India.
VISIT SITE
Yarn Manufacturers in India

New Year's Day planned with excitement turned somber due to unforeseen events. Pain, missed connections, and disappointments made it a memorable start.

Me..

Aspiring computer scientist. Aspiring writer. Aspiring Nat Geo traveler. Aspiring musician. Aspiring pilot. Aspiring chef. Yes, I'm constantly growing up.

Hits..

Friends of this blog